About Me

My photo
Valencia, Spain
Hola! I will be studying abroad in Valencia, Spain from September 1-December 17th. I made this blog so friends and family are able to keep up with my adventures. Cuidate! :)

Monday, November 29, 2010

Sevilla/Granada



Two weekends ago (November 11-13) a large group of us travelled to Sevilla, Spain. My friend Ariel and I also decided to go to Granada by bus this weekend, and I'm so glad we did. We saw the Alhombra (the old ruins of the Moors) that overlooks the entire city and we even took a SEGWAY tour of the city! That's right, a SEGWAY tour!! It was so much fun (even though I almost fell off various times).

I definitely think Granada is one of my favorite places I have traveled too, just because it's a place of absolute beauty. We saw huge mountains in the distance covered with snow, meanwhile we were in the center of Granada where the sun was shining, leaves were falling and it was warm weather. It was absolutely amazing and I'm glad I spent the 30 euros for a busride from Sevilla to go!!

Although I didn't get to see my 2 friends who are studying there this semester, we saw a LOT of the city. The Alhombra was my favorite, and we also saw El Sacramonte. Here are some pictures from Granada, and then afterwards I'll post some from Sevilla!!


Fall leaves on the trees, yet snow-capped mountains in the background! I loved it!
A great view from the Alhombra!
The Alhombra from afar...
Ariel and I on the Alhombra...
A house with ceramic plates and bowls alongside of the entire house. This was on the way up the mountain on our segway tour!
And SEVILLA....



Above is a picture of the Plaza de Espana in Sevilla. It was where a scene from the film Star Wars (in the newer movies) was shot. Pretty cool, huh?
A view of beautiful Sevilla
This is the actual tomb of Christopher Columbus at a church in Sevilla
Above is the city center of Sevilla

A great view from the roof of our hostel in Sevilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment