About Me

My photo
Valencia, Spain
Hola! I will be studying abroad in Valencia, Spain from September 1-December 17th. I made this blog so friends and family are able to keep up with my adventures. Cuidate! :)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I have a friend!

Hey guys!!

So, today after class I met this girl named Whitney who did the UVA program 2 years ago and is now living in Spain and teaching for a year. She's trying to live in Andalucia (where I would love to visit while I'm here). We stopped for coffee for a bit and I met her old "intercambio," which we are all able to get through the program. An "intercambio" is someone who will be a close friend while you're here for the semester. They're learning English, while we are learning Spanish! I actually just found out who my intercambio is!! Her name is Carlota and she's an ex-student at the University of Valencia here. It'll be great to finally meet her. I feel like we'll both be able to help each other a lot because we are both going to teach each other our languages!! I feel like with her, I won't be as intimidated to speak because she's 21, just about my age--and she can help me if I mess up. Same with her--when she speaks English, I will help her as well!

Anyways, that's it for now. I have lots of homework to do and a long nap to take. I will write again soon--most likely after Barcelona this weekend!! Talk to you soon...

Cuidate,
Sar

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I love making new friends!! <3
    I'm super-de-duper excited that you're meeting new people who can help you out and teach you the language!! Thats exciting!!

    Have fun Sarbear!!!!

    ReplyDelete