About Me

My photo
Valencia, Spain
Hola! I will be studying abroad in Valencia, Spain from September 1-December 17th. I made this blog so friends and family are able to keep up with my adventures. Cuidate! :)

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tentative Plan for the Semester...

Hola! So not much has gone on the past 2 days, other than homework and lots of naps. Yesterday I didn't feel too well :( But today I'm feeling great! Classes are going very well--I think all of my classes are really easy. Tomorrow I have Grammar Review and Texts and Interpretation. The only thing I need to stop doing is procrastinating! So after I post this, I will do my homework--that's a promise to myself!! I want to go to the beach tomorrow. It's so beautiful there, and I just want to relax and take it easy. After all, the Spanish motto is "Esta bien. Tranquilo."

Yesterday was me and Ben's one year anniversary!! I was really upset we couldn't spend the day with each other, but we skyped and had a good talk. And the connection was perfect! (It's really hard to skype/video chat at nighttime here)

I miss everyone at home so much, but at the same time, I feel like I'm getting used to being here. I'm getting used to the city more and more everyday, classes are getting easier the more I speak and listen carefully and I'm starting to get really excited about traveling all around Spain and checking other countries close to here. As of right now, this is my tentative plan as far as breaks/weekends go for the semester (it changed since the last time I posted this, and it probably will change again because I haven't booked anything yet and need to find people to go with...)

THIS WEEKEND IS BARCELONA!!!
Thurs. Sept 23-26: Sevilla/Granada
Thurs. Sept 30-Oct 3: OKTOBERFEST in Munich, Germany
Thurs. Oct 7-17: Fall Break in Valencia for all the festivities and then Madrid and then Italy (Venice, Florence, Rome)
Sat. Oct 23: Day trip to Calpe
Thurs. Oct 28-Nov 1: Ireland (Killarney)
Fri. Nov 5-7: Stay in Valencia
Thurs. Nov 11-14: Salamanca, Toledo
Sat. Nov 20: Day trip to Xativa
Thurs. Nov 25-28: Switzerland with Ben???
Sat. Dec 4-8: Reading Days/Holiday (open weekend for now if I choose to go somewhere last minute)
Fri. Dec 10-12: Study for FINAL EXAMS!
Thurs. Dec 16: Leave for U.S. (Paris, France on the way home?)

Comment on this post and let me know if this sounds good or if you think I should go somewhere else! I've realized we don't really have that much time to travel. I thought we wouldn't have any Friday classes, but in reality, we only have 4 or 5 weekends that we can travel (other than fall break). So we have to squeeze everything in!! And also, I want to travel throughout Spain before I go anywhere else. There are so many cool places here, and I want to explore Sevilla, Granada, Salamanca, Toledo, Madrid, etc.!!

That's all for now...hopefully we will book a hostel tonight for Barcelona this weekend and look into some trains/flights for our trip next weekend!

Miss you all! xoxo

Cuidate,
Sar

2 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome Sarah!!!! I'm so excited that you are having such a good time with the program.. I told you that you would catch on fast to the language!!! I can't believe how much fun you are going to have!! I wish I could go do fun things like that!!
    I love you girlie and I can't wait to read more about how your doing!! <3

    ^_^ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Mary! It makes me so happy to know you're reading my posts! I love you and miss you sosososos much and we need to skype soon--next week maybe?! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete