About Me

My photo
Valencia, Spain
Hola! I will be studying abroad in Valencia, Spain from September 1-December 17th. I made this blog so friends and family are able to keep up with my adventures. Cuidate! :)

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bienvenido a Espana!

I finally made it to Valencia! The flight was so long, and I'm tired from the lack of sleep on the plane...plus the time difference!

Valencia=beautiful
Host family=very very nice (but speak no English...so my mind hurts)
I actually think I make sense most of the time. And I know more Spanish than I thought I did, so I guess that's good!! It can only get better, right? Especially if I'm forced to speak it. I think the taxi driver that took me from the airport to my homestay ripped me off though. The fare was about 30 euros (or a little under $40). I don't think that was right, but it's ok..

Tomorrow is the first day of orientation. It'll probably be a bit overwhelming, but I'm excited to be immersed in an entirely new culture, speak the language and get to know people!! As soon as I arrived in Valencia, I've been promising myself that I'll try my hardest to speak Spanish as much as I can and try my best from here on out!

Talk to you soon..depending on how busy these next few days of orientation are.

Cuidate,
Sar

1 comment:

  1. I miss you so much Sarah!! To be honest, taxis can be very very expensive... Especially in major cities. Every time I've taken a taxi in Pittsburgh it has cost me $30+
    I know you're overwhelmed right now, but you're going to pick it up so fast!! I'm so excited for you!!
    <3 Mara

    ReplyDelete