About Me

My photo
Valencia, Spain
Hola! I will be studying abroad in Valencia, Spain from September 1-December 17th. I made this blog so friends and family are able to keep up with my adventures. Cuidate! :)

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Peñíscola

Hola! It's currently Sunday, about 12:30 in the afternoon here. Back in the states, you are probably all still sleeping! Yesterday was so much fun...our program of about 40 students traveled 2 hours up the coast of Valencia to Peniscola, a beautiful beach with a castle and hundreds of white houses overlooking the ocean. It reminded me a lot of Greece (well, from pics I've seen). Almost the whole group of us ended up laying out in the sun, swimming in the ocean and eating lunch on the beach. A lot of us rented a paddle boat (with a slide on it!) Boy was it hard to paddle back in after paddling out so far! Afterwards, we went to "la castilla" (the castle), which sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean. It was extremely gorgeous as we climbed higher and higher.

Dave and I then went on a little adventure and explored the ins and outs of the castle. I got myself a green mint slushi and then we both bough a bottle of wine. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm assuming it will be good! Spain is said to have the 2nd best wine in Europe (Italy is 1st, of course).

A lot of us ended the day with a glass of sangria at a little cafe on the way back to the bus. It was a perfect way to start off the semester. I love our group of people--everyone is so nice and we all get along great.

Today, I'm burnt from not putting on sunscreen yesterday (whoops!) and I'm still overly tired from losing 7 hours of sleep due to the time difference. I may walk around the city in a little bit and take some pictures. Speaking of which, I'll post a couple from yesterday...Enjoy!

Cuidate,
Sar






3 comments:

  1. Holy crap!! It is ridiculously beautiful there and I'm sure it has be to ten times more breath taking in person! I'm so jealous! Don't get too used to being able to buy alcohol because when you come back you will still have 3 months or so before you can do it here... doesn't that stink?!!

    Good luck in your first classes and such. I can't wait to hear more for you!!

    <3 Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I love u so much. You're like the only person that's keeping up with this haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too Sarah!! I've got to keep up with this.. it's just so interesting to see all the fun stuff your doing over there!! :)

    ReplyDelete