About Me

My photo
Valencia, Spain
Hola! I will be studying abroad in Valencia, Spain from September 1-December 17th. I made this blog so friends and family are able to keep up with my adventures. Cuidate! :)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Updates :)

Hola! I am officially going to Barcelona next weekend (Sept 17-19). I can't wait!! We are leaving Friday after classes and staying in a hostile for 2 nights and coming back late Sunday night! I'm going with my roommate Jessica and my friends Gleason, Melissa and Ariel. I seriously can't wait!

The thing I'm starting to get a little bit nervous about is money. I have enough as of right now, but over fall break I really want to visit Chris, Kelly and Regina in Italy, Greece and Paris!! I want to go to Rome too. Our October break is October 8-17, so I was thinking we could fly out of Madrid (stay in Madrid for a night and see the city) and then fly into Greece and stay for a couple nights. Then we could visit Italy since it's so close, and maybe Paris on the way back home. We have a week and a half off, so this is when I want to do my traveling outside of Spain.

I can always visit other cities in Spain like Salamanca, Granada, Seville and Toledo on a long weekend that we have in October or November.

As of right now, this is my schedule:

Weekend Sept 17-19: Barcelona, Spain
September 23: Actividad Nautica (we learn how to sail on the Mediterranean!)
September 24: Visita al Museo de L'Almoina
Weekend September 30-Oct 3: Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany!!
Fall Break October 8-17: Greece, Italy, France
Weekend October 23: Day trip to Calpe

October 25-28: Mid-term exams

Weekend October 29-31: (Maybe) Small trip to Seville, Granada, Toledo or Salamanca
November 12: Day trip to la Ciudad de las Artes y Ciencias
Weekend November 20: Day trip to Xativa
November 24-29: Ben Visits??? (maybe..we're not sure yet)
December 4-8: Reading Days/Holiday (not sure what trip yet!)

December 13-15: Final Exams

December 16: Flight home!

Yes, I know, I know, when you go abroad you shouldn't plan things out, especially as I just did. But, that is how I am. I like to know ahead of time what I'm doing, especially if I have to book flights and hostels. Anyways, I have a lot to look forward to. I'm doing something pretty much every weekend. Although I was under the impression that we had only 2 or 3 Fridays throughout the semester on which we had classes and that isn't he case, I can make it work so I can still go to class on Friday and leave afterwards for the weekend to a city here in Spain. I mean, I AM in Spain--I should see as much of it as I can before going anywhere else, although I would love to see Italy and Greece :)

That's it for now. It's all starting to fly by really fast, so I want to take advantage of every opportunity I have. Here are a couple pictures from yesterday's adventures! Earlier, after classes (I get out at noon everyday-it's quite nice) we took the bus to the beach and swam in the Mediterranean Sea-no big deal :) Then, Melissa, Gleason, Ariel and I want to get some drinks. They were like slushies! They were pretty good for 6 euros!

One final thing: I've realized I'm not going to worry about money. I've only taken out money once so far, and that should hopefully last me throughout this next week and on the trip to Barcelona next weekend. As long as I get to travel throughout Spain a lot and see Italy, Greece and France, I'll be happy :) I know I'll be back here someday to travel even more!

Finalmente, aqui estan los fotos de ayer...

Me, Chelsea and Melissa posing for a pic. on the Mediterranean Sea-Que bonito!
The beach was really crowded yesterday!!
Me, Ariel and Gleason getting slushies in the city
Ariel, Gleason and Melissa

Cuidate,
Sar

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow!! I can't believe all the cool places you are getting to go to!! That is so exciting!!! <3

    ReplyDelete